Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Stay the Path

(Through this fist style, one will find happiness and long life)

Wow!! It is awesome and a honor to train here at Kaju AZ. I never thought when I first started that I’d find so many nice and generous people here. So many families and so many good times. On days that I’m here, it’s hard to have a bad day. The dojo is filled with positive people and whatever the case may be it seems someone has your back.

I remember once after training for about 3 months, my wife ask me something like “So how long are you going to do this karate thing”? I said something like, “Forever”. I was hooked. So 5.5 years later I’ve earned my black belt. Now it’s time to step things up. Learn more, train harder, and pass on more of what I learn to my friends and family. 

I am grateful for this art and my teachers. What they have taught me has made me stronger, faster, and confident. All the pit classes and kaju classes have made me healthier than I ever thought I’d be. 

I like that we don’t just talk about breaking bones and poking eyes. That’s all good stuff but I like that we talk about what it means to be a martial artist. Honesty, courage, integrity, respect, self-control, and loyalty. These character attributes can and will get you through hard times. They have for me, in the dojo and out.

For the past two years I’ve been assisting and teaching the kaju dragons and now in the juniors. It is rewarding and a great learning experience. The kids are hard workers and can give you a good mental workout at the same time. Working with them has made me better in many ways, and I want to be a great example for them.

Through this fist style, one will find happiness and long life. This is what Kajukenbo means. All the hard work and drills and basics and more drills, new friends that like to hit too, the small things that happen in class, these make me happy. I hope they happen all the time for a long life.


Mr. Adam S.

No comments:

Kajukenbo Motto: Train Strong to Remain Strong

Kajukenbo Arizona is a traditional martial arts school specializing in real self-defense through the art of Kajukenbo. Kajukenbo was founded in 1947 and is credited as being the first American martial art. Kajukenbo is a blend of five styles: Karate, Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Kenpo and Kung Fu. Feel free to visit our school and see our programs for all ages! We also offer CrossPIT classes based on the world-famous Pit Conditioning System. Classes are 30-minutes of high-intensity old-school cardio. CrossPIT memberships available!