Friday, May 24, 2013

Student of the Month - Daniel - Almost a Black Belt!!!




Today is a very exciting day for Daniel! Last night he graduated from High School, and tonight he begins the final steps to earn his black belt. It has been an exciting journey and we are all excited to see what the future holds for this bright young man. Sunday he will be moving on to great things in New Mexico and then BYU in the fall. We were so lucky to have him not only as a student, but also as an instructor. Congratulations Daniel! We are proud of you and we are going to miss you!

Favorite Color - White
Favorite Food - Tortellini with a nice alfredo sauce and chicken
Profession - Instructor at Kaju AZ

Tell us about your family and pets - My family simply consists of my dearest mother and father and youngest sister. In addition we have a little dog, Lily.
Besides Kajukenbo, what other activities do you enjoy? It’s not so much an activity that I enjoy, but is simply having some free time when I can chill and be lazy.

What do you like most about training at Kaju AZ? Besides hitting things, I like burpees because I’m insane, and I like to teach.
What are your goals for the next year in and out of the dojo? I would like to…
1. obtain my black belt
2. not fail at college
3. prepare myself fully to serve a mission for my church in a year.

No comments:

Kajukenbo Motto: Train Strong to Remain Strong

Kajukenbo Arizona is a traditional martial arts school specializing in real self-defense through the art of Kajukenbo. Kajukenbo was founded in 1947 and is credited as being the first American martial art. Kajukenbo is a blend of five styles: Karate, Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, Kenpo and Kung Fu. Feel free to visit our school and see our programs for all ages! We also offer CrossPIT classes based on the world-famous Pit Conditioning System. Classes are 30-minutes of high-intensity old-school cardio. CrossPIT memberships available!